Friday, February 24, 2012

"Turner Monet Twombly: Later Paintings" ~ “Images in Water” by Paul Rolans


Turner Monet Twombly: Later Paintings.

This exhibition is organized by Moderna Museert, Stockholm ,8 October 2011 –15 January 2012 ,in collaboration with Staatsgalerie Stuttgart ,11 February, 2012 – 28 May, 2012 and Tate Liverpool, 22 June - 28 October 2012.

All three of these artists tested the boundaries of painting and radically challenged the traditional manner of artistic depiction. Well-considered juxtapositions will provide visitors with opportunities to contemplate each artist’s personal style as well as insights into the late phases of their careers. In his storm-blown seascapes, the English painter William Turner (1775–1851) developed an abstract pictorial language which was then taken up by the Impressionists. Claude Monet (1840–1926) realized the motifs in series of water lily paintings with differing light atmospheres. The works of Cy Twombly (1928–2011) offer a perspective on Turner and Monet from the vantage point of contemporary art. A prominent exponent of Abstract Expressionism, the American developed the poetic pictorial language further in his mythological compositions.

I admire the work of William Turner and Claude Monet a lot. It is an inspiration and at the same time a challenge to come up with something unique.. In my photo project "Images in Water", I show my view on this fascinating element. After many years of water-observation, I developed a special way of looking at it. I call it my imagenistic perspective. It. enables me to see Images in the water. Forms, figures and colours that are almost unbelievable.
The choice of works in the exhibition is very deliberate, it has seven themes. Beauty,Power and Space, Atmosphere and Fire and Water were the themes that I had in mind as I choose the pictures for this slide show.

I sell the photos in this video, but I also arrange exhibitions at congresses, conventions, meetings, celebrations,business- and other events,worldwide. On request, I create an unique photo-edition of "Images in Water" for you. Please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment