Sunday, October 30, 2011

The 65th Annual Conference of the German Forest Society and "Images in Trees" by Paul Rolans

At the 65th Annual Conference of the German Forest Society in Aachen held from 21st to 25th September 2011, Jan McAlpine Director of the UN Forum on Forests Secretariat within DESA, was awarded the Fernow Award by the German Forest Society at a commemorative event on September 23, at the historic town hall of Aachen. The Fernow Award recognizes individuals for outstanding achievements in international forestry.
Ms. McAlpine was recognised for her extensive achievements over the last three years on behalf of the United Nations Forum on Forests Secretariat, including, in particular, her accomplishments related to activities in celebration of the International Year of Forests, 2011. Read more .

I can identify with the slogan of this years` Conference :“Wir sind Wald” / “We are the Forest”. I´m working since 1995 at a photo-project, in which I show incredible images that I see in trees.In 1996 I´ve had an exhibition with it during the 57th Annual Conference of the German Forest Society at The Humboldt University in Berlin.I started with that project in Aachen and have extended it to the rest of Germany and some other European countries. I have named it “Images in Trees”. Here is a video that gives an impression of it.



On "Images in Trees" - Archive I have collected some Articles etc. Further information you´ll find on my homepage .
I sell photographs of my project in my webshopIf you appreciate my perception of trees or if you are looking for an exceptional present, I create an exclusive photo-edition for you of the Images in the Trees in your (palace)-garden, your park or your private-forest. Please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment